Football Ramadan Special! The Egyptian way

|

I am not that craze about football, but I like watching the game on TV if there are good reputable teams like Manchester United, Barcelona, Liverpool, Argentina, etc. are in the field kicking and entertaining. The last time I think, I played football was with my shift mates ten years back, since then, I never ‘kick’ any football, except having fun with kids.
Well, if I want to revive my best kicking skill again, I will surely do it appropriately – with the right attire, proper warm-up, at the right field, within the right timing and season (I mean for instance not during rainy season). Playing football during the month of Ramadan, where most of the people taking the time to self reflecting their past performance, enhancing their faith, patronizing the Mosques performing Solat Terawih, is something that I would never think of and not even in my last less important priorities list.
In Egypt, however, the night in the holy month of Ramadan is full of happening and hype. It is quite a typical scene where the people filling up the night with football, cultural stuff, family outing or gathering along the corniche or gardens and shopping. Sad to mention though, relatively few are in the Mosques.
Not be left behind, apart from ping-pong and other stuff, our Company organized a football competition, which they called it Ramadan Sport Activities special! Believe me, a football competition in Ramadan! You will be isolated if you do it in Malaysia.
Like it or not, as part of the Shareholders representative, I had politically obliged the invitation by the organizing committee to witness the opening and the final match. The managers were invited to play in the friendly match to close up the curtain.

0 comments: